GEN-FIND Research Associates, Inc. was originally formed in 1985 as a partnership, firstly in Calgary (Alberta, Canada) and then later in 1991 incorporated in that province and in Nanaimo (British Columbia, Canada). Our early team of genealogists (of which there were four) wanted to promote the public study of genealogy and to assist those who were already hobby genealogists. The goal was to help people “find their own roots” or missing relatives.
GEN-FIND originally concentrated on traditional genealogy for its clients, however, in 1989, our firm began venturing into forensic genealogy. During our formative years, our partners decided that we would focus our skills to accomplish four general goals
- Consult with clients who want another perspective on their
research and methods;
- Help all clients – private and legal -, develop and expand their
genealogical record searches, either for official legal purposes
use and for traditional family historical research;
- Deliver expert genealogical lectures on a host of subjects by
providing easy-to-use written and visual presentations to
organizations and genealogical societies; and
- Offer for sale genealogical products to the public.
Over almost 40 + years and undergoing incorporation, GEN-FIND has grown and evolved, shifting towards a host of different private, public and legal clients. We have included not only traditional genealogy research for the family historian, such as:
- Kinship Research Services (Ancestral & Descendancy)
- Family Tree Review Services
- Document Retrieval and Will Searches
- Finding Known and Unknown Next-of-Kin
- Determining & Searching for Missing Property Owners.
- Aboriginal/Metis Research Services
- Genetic Genealogy or DNA Kin Reconstructions
- Charting and Publishing Services
However, over the decades since inception, we have also extended our investigations into more legal interests such as:
- Missing Persons & Missing Beneficiaries Research
- Estate Probate Investigations
- Preparation of Due Diligence Affidavits and Court Testimonies
- Family Search on Military Repatriation of Deceased Persons
- Determining & Searching for Missing Property Owners (for
such things as natural resources, banking & insurance
In 2010, GEN-FIND was granted by the Canadian Heraldic Authority (an office of The Governor General of Canada), by charter, its own heraldic arms, flag, standard and badge in recognition of service to Canadians. The Authority is part of the Canadian honours system under the Canadian monarch whose authority is exercised by the Governor General of Canada. It is responsible for the creation and granting of armorial bearings for Canadian citizens, government agencies, municipal, civic and corporate bodies.
Today, GEN-FIND is the leading Canadian full-service firm of genealogists and international record searchers. Our own extensive in-house genealogy archive , covering records over multiple countries and time-periods, is a major source of solving our cases quickly for clients.
Over the course of thousands of regional, national, and international cases being solved over four decades of experience, GEN-FIND has established itself as a worldwide presence in genealogical research and holds a powerful position in the genealogy market internationally.
Through our employees and agents, GEN-FIND is affiliated with a number of professional genealogical standards bodies around the world. These relationships help us provide you the most accurate and efficient results with our research that we can, along with ensuring that every client is provided with the current standards of the day for genealogical research documentation and reporting! Here is a listing of those credentialing bodies that many of our international researchers and subcontract agents are members of:
- Association of Professional Genealogists [of the USA] (APG)
- Accredited Genealogists (from the International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists) (AG)
- Association of Professional Genealogists in Ireland (APGI)
- Board for Certification of Genealogists (BCG)
- Society of Australian Genealogists (SAG)
- Australasian Association of Genealogists and Record Agents (AAGRA)
- Association of Genealogists and Researchers in Archives (AGRA)
- Genealogical Institute of the Maritimes (GIM)
- Genealogical Research Institute of New Zealand (GRINZ)
- Institute of Heraldic and Genealogical Studies (IHGS)
- New England Historic Genealogical Society (NEGHS)
GEN-FIND is a full-service Canadian firm of professional genealogists, genealogical record searchers, chartists, and consultants that can help you solve your genealogical puzzle. Request a quote today.